Thursday, March 13, 2014

Time Map


I wanted to show progress in time with organic and graceful medium. 
So I thought of an Ink drop in a glass of water. The event itself is very unpredictable so I had to take several shots to get the drop to drop in a satisfactory way. Thankfully I was able to get what I expected to have in the end. 




The next thing I had to think of was presentation. I needed a presentation to effectively show time progress of the event I chose. Since the event has downward(falling) motion, I thought of hanging images to something round like a mobile. For the top part, branch part, I made a dream catcher. Time map is a map which tries to grab certain time, and dream catcher tries to grab good dreams. I thought the idea is somewhat similar.

I had to hang the mobile to somewhere to make it.

It is hard to see, but the top part resembles dream catcher.


 Time Map



This was my first project for the Time class. I believe it was not easy to come up with idea, actualize my idea, and finally making the product. It took me some time and money. It was heartbreaking to see the final product in the end. I should have thought the images would get closer as I stick them closer to the center. With my miscalculation, the middle part is hard to see from afar. I learned I should calculate more deliberately when making things like this.

Overall I think it wasn't bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment