Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Final Project/ Aftereffect

I made an video with about 50 images for this project about Aftereffect of catastrophic event happened in Korea recently.

The plot is about how a survivor of the incident lives her daily life. Her life after the incident is drawn with charcoal, black and white. I thought the emptiness and stress she felt after the incident would make her feel her surrounding sketchy as these charcoal drawings.


Her life before the incident is drawn with pencil and colored with watercolor.


 This is one of the scenes where she goes back to her school, remembering her days with her friends before they are gone. Backgrounds and friends are colored with watercolor, but the girl is drawn with charcoal.


 Lastly the incident is depicted with acrylic paints. One of the factors I like about acrylic is the possibility of painting with colors not perfectly mixed in one brush stroke. I though its unpredicted feature and brushstrokes could somewhat bring the incident into life. 




There are many unsatisfying factors in the project. First, I feel bad for not being about to make perfect art piece. As people mentioned during the critique, the sound is not good. To account for such imperfection, I could say that there were not enough time. Drawing each scenes with different matters did took a lot of time. Second, I think it would have been better if I had refined the story more. Connections betweens the scenes are not as smooth as I wanted them to be. And lastly, I wish I could draw better. Watercolor works for certain scenes are messy and I just thought overall quality would have been better if I could draw better.

It was new and somewhat fun to create this project. Some scenes were satisfying and I am glad about it. But there still are many things that could improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment